perjantai 29. huhtikuuta 2016

Wednesday 27 April 2016 - Convalescing

I'm something of an athlete, so I'm used to pain, especially in my muscles. After instructing a haedong kumdo class, I've heard it so many times - I have sore muscles where I didn't even know any existed. Well, try out convulsing (or it might also have something to do with the muscle relaxant, they said), you'll REALLY find some completely new muscles in your body.

For example:

1) Some tiny little muscles at the side of my feet. Totally cramped up.
2) Jerk muscles in between my ribs. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING THERE?
3) I really should've eaten everything yesterday when I felt like it, since now the muscles in my throat that are used for swallowing hurt like a motherfucker.
4) My tongue. Yes, TONGUE. One big, aching son of a bitch of a muscle.
 
Pardon my French, I'm grumpy.

In addition to soreness in pretty much every single fucking part of my body, which makes me feel like I've been wrestling a cave troll, I keep falling asleep at the drop of a hat. Also a novel feeling. I think I'm okayish when it comes to my cognitive abilities, but I wouldn't want to try remembering any dates or strings of numbers right now. I'm less foggy than yesterday, but still not up to par. Well, that's ALSO a familiar feeling, since depression itself messes up the memory and other cognitive functions, so I'm definitely not worse than before the treatment.
 
I'm still feeling hopeful, maybe jumpstarting my brain is exactly what I needed.